Raw denim has NOT been washed after being treated with indigo dye.
It will age and conform to your body.
This will produce natural fades and will make your jeans unique.
Wait as long as possible for the first wash. At least 3 months, if you can stand it.
At some point you'll have to wash your jeans. We recommend you hand washing:
▪ Fill a bath tub with tempered water
▪ Add a small amount of soap (best natural soap since this one isn’t so aggressiv)
▪ Turn your jeans inside out
▪ Let the jeans soak, don't rub them in the water or you'll interrupt the natural fades
▪ Leave them in the water for 20 minutes
▪ Rinse the jeans in fresh water (repeat 2 times)
It's important that you do not tumble dry. This will short your jeans inseam.
▪ Turn the jeans the right way and straighten them out
▪ Hang them on a rack or clothing hanger
▪ Let them dry overnight
Wear your denim often and wash them as infrequently as possible.
After each wash your jeans might feel a bit tighter.
That is natural, they will stretch and fit to your body in no time.